Staying home is not safe for everyone and “Safe at Home” orders do not mean you have to stay in an unsafe home.
OFS Services During COVID-19
Nashville’s Office of Family Safety provided and continues to provide services at the Family Safety Center & Jean Crowe Advocacy Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Order of Protection Assistance
- Safety Planning
- Referrals, including Safe Housing Options
Due to COVID-19 stay-at-home orders, clients are able to file for an Order of Protection with an advocate over the phone from your own home or safe location.
We know not everyone is “safer at home.” We are here to help. You are not alone.
Abuse During COVID-19
There are many new coercive tactics abusers are using during this pandemic and “Stay at Home” Orders. Watch this video to learn more:
Staying Healthy During COVID-19
- Mayor Cooper created a page that details Nashville’s COVID-19 Response and provides information on how to stay safe, where to receive help, and Nashville’s Safer at Home Order.
- The Center for Disease Control provides up to date information on how to stay safe from COVID-19 and what to do if you become sick.
Staying Safe During COVID-19
- If isolated at Home with your Abuser:
- Carry your ID, extra set of keys & any Credit Cards at all times
- Register for Smart 911 so if you can’t speak, they know your address and risk
- Stay connected with trusted friends or family
- If leaving your Abuser:
- Pay attention to abuser’s daily routine
- Gather essential items to leave
- Identify safe individuals
Resources For Survivors
- The YWCA (1-800-334-4628) and AGAPE’s Morning Star Sanctuary (615-860-0003), Davidson County’s domestic violence shelters, remain open and operate 24/7.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233) provides 24/7 call, online chat, and text support as well as resources and information.
- RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline (800-656-4673) provides 24/7 call and online chat support as well as resources and information.
- Polaris’s National Human Trafficking Hotline (1-888-373-7888) provides 24/7 call, online chat, and text support as well as resources and information.