High Risk Intervention Panel (HRIP)
OFS manages Nashville-Davidson County’s High Risk Intervention Panel (HRIP) is a multidisciplinary team that works to identify high-risk domestic violence cases and create individualized intervention plans that incorporate the entire response system to increase victim safety and hold offenders accountable.
- Davidson County General Sessions Court
- Davidson County Juvenile Court
- Legal Aid of Middle Tennessee
- Mary Parrish Center
- Metro Nashville Police Dept. – DV Division
- Metro Nashville Social Services
- Morning Star Sanctuary/AGAPE
- Nashville DA’s Office
- Nashville Office of Family Safety
- Sexual Assault Center
- TN Dept. of Children’s Services
- TN Dept. of Probation and Parole
- US Attorney’s Office – Middle Tennessee
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
- YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee
In 2021, the Panel conducted 1,262 case reviews and met 64 times in person or over the phone to discuss high-risk cases.
HRIP Structure & Process
The HRIP meets on a monthly basis to discuss very high risk cases in-depth and in-person. A leadership subcommittee of the HRIP, the HRIP Advisory Committee, meets on a weekly basis via phone conference to briefly discuss very high risk cases identified during the previous week.
The HRIP reviews cases identified as “very high risk” through the Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) screen, the Danger Assessment administered by OFS Advocates, and through referrals from Panel members and other partners.
Cases identified as “very high risk” are reviewed on a weekly HRIP Advisory Committee call to enhance coordination between partners. Cases that require additional review are referred for the monthly panel meeting. All case reviews are confidential.
The HRIP was honored with the “Most Innovative Program Award” by the Nashville Coalition Against Domestic Violence at the Annual Meet us At the Bridge event (pictured right).
For more information about our High Risk Intervention Panel (HRIP), please contact our team at OFSHighRiskTeams@jis.nashville.org.